Wednesday, December 21, 2011
|I will include this toon at the top of any post that might lead to incontinence.|
|Riots in London when the blog post was published|
|Yes, my head is twisted and I need a translator for human.|
But I meant good
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
|That is the question.|
Image taken from creativeeducation.co.uk
When I started Uni (at the end of the 90s) I was the kind of guy who was totally comfortable being anonymous; my facebook was closed to everyone except those very few close friends (although facebook as much much later) as well as my IM or any other type of contact. In other words, I was the most asocial person you could probably meet. But that never stopped me of being curious, frequently checking the Internet for interesting and appealing stuff with my rampant 128kbps modem (translation for the new generation that was the fastest broadband you could get at that moment, at least in Venezuela).
|Image taken from andrewcaldwell.org|
Thursday, October 27, 2011
|See? he showed those 100 points and got his contract in no time.|
|No caption needed|
|Without reading too much, flying elephants?|
Hot air balloons?
Racing flags and rockets?
Holy sheets, is so pretty and unreal!
|And I finally understood the presence of the elephant...|
But wait... is a flying elephant!
So the shit comes with lots of momentum and speed (accelerating constantly thanks to gravity)
and you will never see it coming.
|Hulk does not like private technicians|
Hulk does not pay!
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
|To those who does not know what a PS3 Controller is...|
|See the tackle coming at you... you will definitely will feel it with the price!|
- Model: Series 2 Cruze CD
- Engine: 1.8 Petrol (gasoline) engine with manual transmission, 6 (gears/speeds).
- Colour: Heron White (not that makes a difference, double checked).
- Trim (Seats and Interior): Jet black cloth.
- The Merchants, manufacturers and retailers; huge companies will always try to get more profit without taking into consideration markets or societies. I call this group ‘the bitches’ or industry prostitutes because they will charge you as hard as you want their services.
- The Government or the market regulator; this group are the pimps, they use their prostitutes to get money out of the public on many different levels.For instance, you pay levies or taxes on those goods you are trying to purchase (just like the prostitutes charge you for their protection paying it to their pimp) and on top of that you also have to pay taxes deductible from your income.
- The customer or client; this is the worst of all (to my point of view) because it won’t matter how much people would like to sell themselves for money or how hard the pimp will hit others to get his money, the customer is the one supporting the entire system. Without someone looking to get an easy ‘date’ there are no prostitutes, without prostitutes there will be no pimps.
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Yup, Kathy and I have officially turned two years down under and what’s the best way to remember those two years than checking the balance.
Economical issues will be my first answer and probably lack of interest to take a plane for more than 20 hours.
|To my mom, anything that is not America or Europe is far far away.|
|There is always a bright side.|
- Start different projects and studies. Kathy has been back to her belly dancing, and I have been reading different types of articles and magazines, most of them related to photography and how to improve the image composition and general appearance.
- Buy the camera we always wanted (and now we are fighting to get a chance to use it... and highly probable we will have to buy another one). I was not going to include material things into the list, but the camera (for me) isn’t part of those material things. The camera give us the opportunity to show to our families and friends how we perceive and appreciate Australia (and our lives).
- Establish our home. With all the crap need it for it.
- Make friends, very dear friends.
|Say whaat? Two years?|
Sunday, August 21, 2011
|Dear Calypso, bring your tunes and give me inspiration|
Image from evike
|Van Gogh - Almond Tree|
|Van Gogh - Starry night|
|Broken communications... that's our experience with Venezuelans failing systems.|
Image from corbisimages.com
Saturday, June 11, 2011
|If you are looking for this Queen... you won't find it inhere!|
|And here... The monarch of the Commonwealth... Elizabeth II|
Why is celebrated in June? Isn't the real date on April 21?
Apparently this holiday was first established in 1788 (in Australia), honouring King George III (Monarch at the time) who’s birthday was the 4th of June 1738, but every other king or queen born after those dates was celebrated on their own birthday...
So... Who decided to celebrate anything in June? King George V in 1936 decided to celebrate any Queen or King Birthday on June and later on the Commonwealth fixed the date to the second Monday of June.
... Not that interesting really... I was expecting a drunken aunty dancing around naked in the Buckingham palace to which consequence and in an attempt to distract public attention decided to celebrate the queen birthday that day... Anyway... now you know we are not that crazy =P on celebrating Queen’s birthday on her non-real-birth-day.
Edited: added the reason of why is celebrated in June instead of April, thanks xerxesb for your observation.
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Well… I am still getting ready to publish the bazillion pictures I took last Saturday on this fantastic show called Vivid Sydney.
Vivid is a very quiet yet colourful and marvellous that it represents the great (and simple) things you could create with a bunch of lasers, lights and an outstanding building.
This post is the first part of ‘Vivid Sydney’ post series and the next one will contain no less than 30 full colour pictures capture by me :) (My camera actually).
Here you will find a time laps of the show, enjoy it
Friday, May 27, 2011
|Yes... I can't believe it either...|
Can't say that I was forced, neither I did it by mistake... I was totally aware and in control of my faculties.
Image from brutalion
|The little blue bird who tweets...|
Image from alpercakici
Sunday, May 22, 2011
- Firstly, the hideous migraine has been visiting me more frequent in the past few weeks and is highly probable that I am not handling it right.
- Secondly, sometimes I feel I am not at my best at work... I really would like to give more of me but I have been bumping against walls and I haven’t been clever enough to early detect it and change accordingly.
- And thirdly, I just need to get a couple of things out of head to make room for new ones.
|From level 5 of the bell tower the view is outstanding|
I know there are plenty of stuff in Perth, and some of those could be even more important than the Bell Tower, but for me this building casted a magic spell on me and now is one of my favourite modern buildings in the entire world (right behind the Sydney Opera House, Eiffel Tower in Paris and the Chrysler Building in New York City).
|One of the multiple points were you could stop and enjoy the view.|
Is not precisely in the swan river shore.
|A black and white image of the Swan river and Perth CBD|
I know... it looks extremely small...
Click on it to see a bigger version of it.
|The blue house on the river, known as Crawley edge boatshed|
|And yes... we also took our picture of the bronze bloke...|
Otherwise people could had told us 'but you did not have the picture with that man!!'
|A 'pee-pee' man - Sculpture by the sea - Cottesloe|
|Dragonfly - Cottesloe, part of the sculptures by the sea|
|Walking men - Sculpture by the sea - Cottesloe|
|Walking around the fish market we found a sculpture with interesting textures |
and beautiful mosaics