Thursday, January 6, 2011

My new love

Yes, I must confess that I have a brand new love. Is not going to displace Kathy at all... In fact, Kathy is digging it as well...

Lads and lassies... Blokes and Sheilas... I present you my love:

Canon EOS 60D
(Now that I think about it... I have been faithful to Canon for a very long time...
With the exception of one Epson Camera, everything else has been Canon...
Oh yes... I remember the blurriness in every single picture I took with the Epson; it was
a permanent, irremovable, always on feature of the camera.)

Isn’t she lovely... what curves! It feels so sexy in my hands!

Turns out that Kathy and I have been talking about replacing our old Canon PowerShot A550... but we couldn’t settle in one model in particular. All my mates at work have great cameras (it really helps because I can hear them talking about the different features and qualities of each of their cameras) but at the end, everything comes to us. So we went to JB HI-FI to check out a couple of cameras (trying it and getting the feel with the intention of buy it before New Year Eve and get outstanding pictures) getting a wicked rebate including the camera body, 2 lens (one 18-55 and one 55-250) and the bag...

But I wasn’t willing to buy it at once...

I wanted to try and find a better deal... And what a better place for that than the Internet? (By the way, never ever ever ever say those words in front of one of the JB guys... otherwise you will be exposed to an assassination look... being there... not nice...)

So I jumped in Amazon and some other websites just to find a better deal (about a$400 less) including the tripod, bag, two memories (16 and 32 gigs SDHC ultra fast), cleaning kit, protective layers, instructional video, SDHC reader (though is pretty standard in any notebook, PC or Mac these days) and two battery packs. Just in case, it wasn’t the mega super saving... At the end I had to pay the Aussie tax (because I was buying something expensive in the U.S.) plus the shipping. I find it as a reasonable price because I was saving up to a$200 including all the additional stuff and shipping fees.

In any case, Kathy is extremely happy of the end result of each picture. The next image was taken with the Canon PowerShot A550...

Again... Jack-o being the photo-shooting model.
As you can see, I lost a lot of space and details from the sky just to let enough light...

And this one with the Canon EOS 60D...

I could capture more details and better light...
But you can also notice how I could focus your attention on Jack-o
... Maybe it doesn't look the same position and that's because he felt on his back...
Totally recovered now.

You can tell the difference, aren’t you?

Now I can upload more great pictures for you guys, hopefully promoting the beauty of down under. I will need to start paying serious attention to Jackie (maybe taking her photography course) or get good techniques from my mates... Anyhow, I will try to upload more (of my own).

... And yes, I need to put away the Christmas decorations till next year... Is about time. Jack-o will be sad though...

Cheerios!

12 Comments:

Adriana C Lopez said...

I want a love like that!!!

Rod said...

Don't worry Adriana, eventually you will have savings to get it ;)

In our case we waited for 2 years to get this camera, and I can tell you that is worth waiting for. Just make up your mind and save you pennies.

You wont regret it.

Anonymous said...

This message is for Katy... Yes! Is going to replace you somedays... My husband have a love like that, (50 is the number) and it take great part of their time! BELIVE Me! hahaha... and if he want you to be his model, for practicing... oh my god! He´ll take picture of you even when you are ironing cloth! amaizing! You got yourself your own paparatzi! ;)

Levo said...

Rod welcome to the photography world jejeje. I am Nena`s husband and i have been studying photography in my free time during one year. I already studied Digital 1,2 and 3, and a Long Distance Photo Experience in my country. If you want some advices please let me know, i have a Canon 50D and I am willing to take a lot of photos when I get there someday.

Women love paparazzi!!

Rod said...

@Nena, If I ever think about taking pictures of Kathy while ironing I bet you... 100% she is going to hit me with it as it sounds the *click*

...So the answer to that is I am not going to take pictures of daily tasks :P

@Levo, Not every woman likes to have a paparazzi... Depending on the context and the circumstance could get you a restraining order ;)
Speaking of a woman that doesn't like paparazzi... talk to lady D.

Rod said...

@Levo, by the way, thanks for the offering the tips... We could find ourselves in skype and start sharing passions.

Cheerios.

David Tchepak said...

So... very... jealous! Nice work mate! :)

Rod said...

LOL Dave... Don't worry, you will get to know her.

Adriana C Lopez said...

At the moment I am happy with my love (which is, at the same time, my "eengagement ring" hehe)... a Sony A200 =D

@Levo share with me too!

Mary Elizabeth said...

Congrats!!! Well done!
That's the attitude man!

Rod said...

Mary, teach me!!!!

Carlos said...

Oi!, nice shot and camera..

Outstanding election.

ShareThis