Monday, December 6, 2010

And that was October

Believe it or not I have been writing this post for at least 8 days (maybe more) and trying to post it for almost four weeks… It has been a bit weird to have the idea developed to its fullest and then not know how to put it on paper (e-paper) or what images to set up… And believe me when I tell you that I am the kind of guy that doesn’t publish if the post doesn’t have the right ideas or images to enhance it.

These posts started as a conglomerate of ideas related to different event of October and it materialised into a bunch of posts (that requires tons of works, but looks great afterwards). Hope you find it entertaining and leave a comment if you want.



I have so many things to tell… I know, I know… I have been away for quite a while now, but work and some other stuff keep me busy; and trying to find the spot to write a little bit and shape the idea in my head wasn’t as easy as I wanted or expected. Then trying to find the right image to go with the idea has been quite a challenge.

For instance, if you image Google ‘Month of October’ you will find tons… literally tons of images related to fall or pumpkins… 
Images speak by themselves
Don't get me wrong, I love fall... But this is not what I can see everyday
walking to work.
And yes, I remember that October is pretty well known by Halloween...

But in Australia is all the way around! We are in spring… Trees are blooming with intense colours... Outstanding purples, violets and blues… Gosh… I don’t really know how to describe it properly… Maybe some images?

Jacaranda trees

Another Jacaranda tree

And some Fire tree which a Jacaranda tree as background.
What about this flowers?

So I have come to tell you about recent events in our life since September in a not-so-confusing-that-you-won't-try-to-commit-suicide way.


I have so many things to tell… I know, I know… I have been away for quite a while now, but work and some other stuff keep me busy; and trying to find the spot to write a little bit and shape the idea in my head wasn’t as easy as I wanted or expected.


So I have come to tell you about recent events in our life since September in a not-so-confusing-that-you-won’t-try-to-commit-suicide way.

Spring started with September, but the days have been changing between cold and warm every 5 to 7 days and long weeks of just pouring rain… Australians pouring rains (which in comparison to America, these rains are nothing else than drizzles)… and the changes in the weather oscillate between 8C to 26C in just 12 or 16 hours. All that had a direct impact in our health (negative impact) sending us to the deep jaws of sickness at least for 3 weeks; but that didn’t diminish the desire to participate in the Sydney Crave Festival or the Sydney’s Seven Bridges Walk (which is part of the same Sydney Crave event).


Sydney Crave is a international event celebrated in every corner of Sydney. Includes events such as:


Of which we wanted to assist to the Breakfast on the bridge, Darling Harbour Fiesta, the Open day and the seven bridges walk as we did last year.

So the first thing we tried to do was the Breakfast on the bridge… but we didn’t get the invitation, to which I am going to file a formal complaint to ‘Breakfast on the Bridge’ for not picking me to participate…

Why? Well… because it could have been extremely special for us to be in the harbour bridge, with some of this views!



One of those could've been me!

Plus it was our anniversary since our arrival to this wonderful land… So we kind of wished to have a special moment in the harbour. Oh well, it will be next time.

Moving on… Kathy wanted to go to the Darling Harbour Fiesta, which is a festival for Latin-Americans, in which some good Latin-American artists have done presentations. This year’s performers were from Mexico, Colombia and Argentina and even though I wanted to take a look to the tango dancers we decided not to go, given our very limited understanding or knowledge of most of the artists.


As you might guess… No pictures (or comments) related to that event…

With those events checked off the list, the next items were

Sydney Opera House – Open Day
And the Seven Bridges Walk

0 Comments:

ShareThis